Monday, March 17, 2014

A Natural Way to Whiten Teeth

I've noticed in pictures my teeth aren't looking as white as they once did, but whitening strips with bleach are a huge drooly hassle and also kind of hurt my teeth. I came across a neat way to whiten teeth and decided to try it out. My results have been awesome and sort of surprising!

What is it?
Activated Charcoal, food grade

Where do I buy it?
Amazon, Walgreens, etc

I purchased a bulk bag on Amazon (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004DHK1KK/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1) 
but you can also buy a bottle with capsules at Walgreens, Walmart, etc :)


How do I use it?
Dip your wet toothbrush into the bag of charcoal and brush really well for about 2 min. 

Will it stain my mouth?
Nope!

Does it hurt?
Not at all! It's quite gentle and I even have a recently cracked tooth.
 
What does it taste like?
Honestly? Like pretty much nothing at all.

How does it work?
There's a fancy scientific way to explain this....but I am no scientist ;) Basically, activated charcoal bonds to the icky stuff in your mouth, thus safely and effectively removing stains. Millions of tiny pores trap carbon-based impurities. Pretty stinking rad! Coffee, tea, food, etc....stains don't stand a chance!

How will this work on fake teeth?
To be 100% honest, I don't know. It should remove stains from faux teeth as well as genuine teeth, but the theory needs to be tested. I'm gently prodding Craig to try it out.

Some people do this daily in place of regular toothpaste. I am a huge fan of a minty clean mouth, so I will be doing this in addition to my regular routine.

Before:

And yes, I am brave to put my big ol mouth on here. Haha.

During! I swear, it doesn't stain! 
More during :


After:


I did it again the next day:

Let me know how it works for you! I have a feeling this is addictive. Yay for white and clean teeth!

~Diana

Added: Here's my gorgeous friend Kaitlyn, I'm loving these results!
And Beautiful Heather:













2 comments: